Create a Board
Glazed Baked Stuffed Red Peppers
A classic recipe that will make the most of lovely big red bell peppers when they’re available. These glazed baked stuffed red peppers are tasty, colourful, and quite simple to prepare. Colourful peppers hold lean beef mince made fully flavoursome with white wine, stock, cumin, chilli and other herbs. Topped with cheese and smoked paprika and baked until soft and luscious, this dish looks as good as it tastes.
- Heat oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark as 6.
- Place cut peppers on a baking tray.
- Heat Flora Cuisine in a heavy-based frying pan, sweat the onion, cumin seeds, rosemary, thyme, chilli flakes, salt and pepper for 2–3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée, cover and cook slowly for a further 5 minutes.
- Add mince and cook covered for a further 5 minutes, then add wine, and stock and cook until the mixture has reduced.
- Add the balsamic vinegar glaze, garlic, basil and spinach.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and cook to wilt the spinach slightly.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the cheese and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until peppers are tender, and the cheese golden.
- 4 Large red peppers, stalks removed, halved and deseeded
- 4 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 Medium onion, peeled and diced
- 0.25 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 rosemary sprig, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- pinch crushed chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Large beef tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g (14oz) extra lean beef mince
- 100 ml (4floz) white wine
- 10ml (4floz) strong vegetable stock made with 1/2 cube
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar glaze
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, torn
- 100 g (4oz) fresh spinach, washed
- 100 g (4oz) reduced fat mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Sprinkling of smoked paprika