Create a Board
Dairy Free Sweet Potato & Spinach Pancakes
These savoury pancakes are folded with lots of healthy vegetables for a feel-good lunchtime feast. Yummy sweet potato adds a little spice to warm you up during the winter months, while garlicky mushrooms make this dish deliciously moreish. Better yet, it’s dairy and gluten free. Flipping marvellous. Makes 8.
- Mix together the Gram flour, gluten free flour, baking powder and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the egg and milk to make a thick smooth batter.
- Beat in the onion, sweet potato, melted Flora Dairy Free and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small frying pan or omelette pan.
- Drop 2-3 tablespoons full of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer onto a plate and cover to keep warm whilst you repeat using the remaining batter.
- To make the filling for the pancakes, melt the Flora Dairy Free in a pan and sauté the garlic and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted then stir in the pine nuts.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide the filling between the pancakes folding each in half over the spinach mixture before serving.
- 100 g gram flour
- 100 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 medium sized egg
- 300 ml unsweetened soya milk
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150 g sweet potato, peeled and finely grated
- 25 g Flora Dairy Free, melted
- black pepper
- Flora Cuisine or vegetable oil
~ Filling ~
- 25 g Flora Dairy Free
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g closed cup mushroom, sliced
- 115 g bag fresh baby spinach leaves, washed
- 25 g toasted pine nuts