Create a Board
Fish Pie with Leeks and Potato
Do you want to learn how to make fish pie? Try our delicious fish pie with leeks and potato. Our easy fish pie recipe comes with a slightly different touch – it’s topped with a mix of white potato and sweet potato mashed together. This fish pie with leeks is packed with flaky white fish, prawns and sweetcorn, all enveloped in a creamy white sauce with an extra shot of sunny goodness thanks to a dollop of Flora Cuisine or Flora Buttery!
You’ll discover that there’s nothing more satisfying than a creamy fish pie. Our fish pie will make the perfect comfort food for both casual and more sophisticated meals thanks to its touch of leeks and mix of potatoes. It’s an easy fish pie recipe that the whole family will love.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven or gas mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan for about 15 minutes or until they’re cooked.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place the Flora, flour and milk in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil over a moderate heat until thickened and smooth. Add the parsley, pepper and lemon zest, if using.
- Arrange the fish, prawns, leek and sweetcorn in a greased ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce.
- Drain the potatoes and mash until there are no lumps. Beat in the milk and season. Spoon over the fish and smooth top. Bake for 45 minutes until it’s cooked through!
The best thing about this family favourite dish is that you can take your cooking skills a step further by adding in your preferred ingredients, like some spinach or peas, to the mixture. The possibilities are endless with this easy fish pie recipe! Don’t forget to check out some of our other fish-based recipes, like our pan-fried paprika and chilli salmon or tuna quiche.
~ Potato Topping ~
- 675 g (1½lb) potato and sweet potato, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Ground black pepper
~ Sauce ~
- 40 g (1½oz) Flora Original or 3 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 40 g (1½oz) flour
- 425 ml (¾pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of ½ lemon, optional
~ Filling ~
- 450 g (1lb) white fish fillets, skinned and cubed
- 115 g (4oz) cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 leek, thinly sliced and blanched in boiling water
- 85 g (3oz) sweetcorn kernels