Create a Board
With only 20 minutes of preparation time, this tasty pumpkin pie recipe is really quick and easy to make. It has a delicious soft texture and the mix of allspice, cinnamon, and ginger bring out a richer taste in the pumpkin. After a day of running around after little devils, this pumpkin pie will taste like a little slice of heaven.
Perfect for autumn when pumpkin is in season, this traditional American treat will surely become a family favourite for generations to come! Learning how to make pumpkin pie is very easy. You only need 20 minutes to prepare the ingredients and a bit longer than an hour to let them cook.
How to make a pumpkin pie from scratch? The answer is easy – simply follow the quick and easy steps below and you’ll be devouring this classic dessert in no time!
- Rub the Flora into the flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, then add egg yolk and water and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead lightly and roll out to line a 22cm (9 inch) flan case. Bake "blind" in preheated oven 200° C, 180° C fan, Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry case is baking you can prepare the filling. Combine sugar, salt and spices in small bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the pumpkin. Add the sugar mixture and beat again until combined.
- Mix in the milk.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and put back into the oven. After 15 minutes turn the temperature down to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4 and bake for a further 45 minutes or until the filling is set and you can insert a knife into the centre, and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
For more tasty desserts like this one, why not try our tasty yet simple lemon drizzle cake? And for any vegan dessert lovers we recommend our vegan chocolate cake. It is full of dairy-free deliciousness!
~ For the pastry ~
- 175 g (6oz) plain flour, sieved
- 85 g (3oz) Flora Original
- 25 g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
~ For the filling ~
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp ground allspice
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 450 g cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 375 ml milk