Leek & Potato Soup
Thick, substantial and warming, leek and potato soup is an easy choice for a cold day’s lunch. This recipe takes extra flavour from chicken stock, marjoram, thyme and carrots, along with the familiar white of leeks and potatoes. All these yummy ingredients are liquidised and then blended with skimmed milk and cornflour then heated until they thicken. Serve with fresh crusty bread and Flora Original for a real treat.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt Flora over medium heat.
- Sauté leeks for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add water, stock cube, potatoes, carrots, marjoram, thyme and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place in a liquidiser and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Dissolve cornflour in cold milk and stir into saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened.
- Spoon into soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
- 2 tbsp Flora Original
- 3 Medium leeks, thinly sliced, white parts only
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1 Reduced Salt Chicken Stock Cube
- 3 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Medium carrots thinly sliced
- 0.5 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 500 ml skimmed milk
- fresh parsley chopped, optional