Mexican Bean Lasagne
How hot can you go? This dairy-free Mexican take on the Italian Classic ticks all the boxes: cheese, tick. Crunchy veg, tick. Chilli, TICK. Make it as hot or not as you and the family like, just adjust the amount of chilli flakes you add for the perfect kick.
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion until soft but not coloured.
- Add pepper and fry for further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed beans and chopped tomatoes, adding chilli flakes if liked.
- Heat through and then reduce heat to low whilst making the dairy free cheese sauce.
- Place Flora, flour and soya milk in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring continuously over a moderate heat, bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened, smooth and glossy.
- Stir in 100g dairy free cheddar cheese until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about a quarter of the tomato sauce over the base of a lasagne dish and arrange a single layer of flour tortillas over the top.
- Spoon a quarter of the dairy free cheese sauce over the tortillas then repeat the layers finishing with a layer of cheese sauce.
- Cover the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 395 g tinned mixed beans in spicy tomato sauce
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes, for extra heat if liked
- 25 g Flora Dairy Free
- 25 g plain flour
- 300 ml unsweetened soya milk
- 150 g dairy-free cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, halved