Create a Board
Moroccan Red Lentil Soup
For a rich, flavoursome and substantial bowlful, this easy recipe for Moroccan red lentil soup is hard to beat. It’s simple to make but packed with flavour from cumin, various veg, fresh coriander, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. It’s a great winter warmer that’ll really fill you up. When the lentils and veg are soft, give them a blitz in a food processor to get the soup nice and smooth.
- Heat Flora Cuisine in a 5-litre saucepan and cook onion with garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, water, carrot, celery, lentils and potato.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered for 30 minutes, or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Purée soup in blender until you get your desired consistency.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve with yogurt.
- 15 g Flora Original or 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 l reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and diced
- 250 g red lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp natural low fat yogurt