Create a Board
Pork and Mushroom Stroganoff
If you fancy something rich, tasty and a little sophisticated, this stroganoff recipe should hit the spot – and yet it’s still pretty easy to prepare. The 10-minute preparation of this pork and mushroom stroganoff starts with a browned pork fillet and adds fried onion, mushrooms and sage. Ingredients like white wine, wholegrain mustard and some light cream cheese all layer on the flavour, finishing with a bit of pepper and paprika for an extra kick!
- Cook the brown rice according to the packet instructions.
- Ten minutes after the rice has started cooking, heat the Flora Cuisine in a large frying pan. Add in the pork in two batches. Fry each batch for 3–5 minutes over a high heat, browning on all sides. Remove the browned pork and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, fry the onion, mushrooms and sage for 3–5 minutes until they begin to brown. Add in the wine, mustard and cream cheese and stir well until all the cheese has been mixed in.
- Return the pork to the pan, coating it well in the sauce. Cook for 3–5 minutes until heated through, season with black pepper, garnish with paprika and fried sage leaves and serve with the brown rice.
We have served this dish with steamed brown rice for an extra nutty element but remember that you can serve your stroganoff recipe with anything from noodles to pasta or mash – anything that will absorb all of that delicious and juicy mushroom sauce!
For more internationally inspired dishes like this one, why not try one of our two delicious Italian-based recipes, chicken Alfredo pasta and vegan risotto? If you’re looking for something a bit more flavourful and aromatic, then give our Thai chilli prawns a go!
- 225 g brown rice
- 15 g Flora Original
- 450 g pork thinly sliced tenderloin fillet
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 225 g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 5 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 120 g low fat cream cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkling of paprika, for garnish
- Sage leaves, fried in Flora Original until crisp, for garnish