Create a Board
Profiteroles with Chocolate Orange Sauce
This scrummy dessert recipe uses Flora Cuisine to create a simple choux pastry mix, adding flour to boiling water and Flora. Next beat in the eggs. Once baked, the little puffs are filled with cold whipped cream. The easy chocolate sauce is made by melting together dark chocolate, more Flora Cuisine, golden syrup and orange zest. Just pour over and there you have it – profiteroles with chocolate orange sauce.
- Put water and Flora Cuisine in medium saucepan and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- Remove from heat, immediately add flour.
- Return to heat and beat with wooden spoon for 2–3 minutes until mixture leaves sides of pan.
- Cool slightly.
- Gradually beat eggs into mixture until no traces remain.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the choux mixture well apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 220°C, 425° F, gas mark 7 for 15 minutes then reduce to 190°C, 375° F, gas mark 5 for 15–20 minutes.
- Slit sides of profiteroles and cool on wire tray.
- When cool, fill with cream.
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in small bowl over pan of hot water.
- Leave to melt and beat until smooth and glossy.
- Arrange profiteroles on serving dish.
- Serve with chocolate orange sauce.
- 150 ml (¼ pint) water
- 4 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 65 g (2½oz) plain flour, sieved
- 2 eggs, Medium, lightly beaten
- 150 ml (¼ pint) whipped cream, whipped
- 1 tbsp Flora Cuisine
~ chocolate orange sauce ~
- 55 g (2oz) plain chocolate, broken
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Zest of 1 orange