Create a Board
Pumpkin & Orange Spider Muffins
Made with a healthy helping of pumpkin, these muffins taste a bit like carrot cake. Decorating them is a great chance to practise your icing skills, and because you’re making cobwebs, you needn’t worry about getting the lines perfectly straight. You even get to make a scary spider from liquorice sweets and laces!
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Place the first six ingredients into a bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin mash and orange zest and divide half the mixture evenly between the paper cases, add a half teaspoon chocolate spread and then top with remaining mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes oven 200°C, 180°C (fan assisted), Gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.
- Add a little orange juice to the icing sugar until thick and spread over the muffins. Pipe the melted chocolate in 4 circles over the top and then drag a skewer through to give the cobweb effect. Place the sweets and laces on top to look like a spider.
- 175 g (6oz) Flora Original
- 175 g (6oz) golden caster sugar
- 300 g (11oz) self raising flour, sieved
- 3 medium eggs
- 5 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- 100 g cooked pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed
- 40 g chocolate-hazelnut spread
- zest of 1 orange
~ Topping ~
- 115 g icing sugar
- A little orange juice
- 55 g (2oz) plain chocolate, melted
- liquorice allsorts, to decorate