Create a Board
Quick and Easy Tuna Quiche with Broccoli
Looking for something packed with protein? How about this tuna quiche recipe with broccoli? A homemade quiche is such a versatile dish full of flavour - you can eat it cold or hot at any time of the day and the year. And it’s a lot easier to make than it sounds, so why not rustle it up on a Sunday afternoon ready for the week ahead? They’re also easy and quick to prepare on a weeknight, even with the homemade pastry, so you can make it for dinner during the week and keep any leftovers for the next day!
Kids will love it too, and as it isn’t a difficult recipe to make, they can help out in the kitchen and choose their preferred ingredients. Add a piece of the fish quiche to their tasty lunchbox and complement it with a granola bar, a few cherry tomatoes and more broccoli with some red pepper hummus.
Discover how easy it is to make this fish quicheby following the steps below:
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan), gas mark 5.
- For pastry, place Flora Original and flour in a mixing bowl and rub together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in water and mix to form a firm dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out to line a 20cm (8 inch) flan dish or tray. Bake blind* in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix all ingredients in a bowl, and then spoon into pastry case.
- Pop it back in the oven for 30 minutes until set.
For more great weeknight meals like this one, don’t hesitate to try one of other recipes with fish. Our fish and leek pie recipe is the perfect comfort meal food and our pasta tossed with tuna and fresh herbs is a dish that is both casual and sophisticated for when you don’t have much time to cook for guests coming over!
~ For the pastry ~
- 175 g plain flour, sieved (or use half wholemeal flour)
- 85 g Flora Original Spread
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp water
~ For the filling ~
- 100 g broccoli florets, blanched in boiling water
- 200 g tinned tuna in spring water
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 55 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)