Create a Board
This is not so much a recipe for perfect roast potatoes as a great method to achieve perfection, using Flora Cuisine to get them perfectly crisp. The secrets include choosing the right potatoes (Maris Piper are good) parboiling them before they go into the oven, and getting the Flora really hot before you pop in the spuds. Then just leave them alone while they roast!
- Preheat oven to 200°C, 190°C fan, gas mark 6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in half.
- Place in cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes and drain.
- Shake the potatoes in the pan to roughen the edges.
- Add the Flora Cuisine to a hot roasting tin until it goes clear.
- Then simply add the potatoes to the tin and toss in the Flora.
- Put into the oven for about 30–45 minutes, and remember to leave them alone whilst cooking.
- 1 kg bag of white potatoes (maris piper are good)
- 4 tbsp Flora Cuisine