Create a Board
Vegan Orange and Ginger Cupcakes
These easy-to-bake zesty orange and ginger cupcakes are a tasty snack or dessert with a surprisingly fiery twist that you can mix together in no time. Prefer a chocolatey treat? Satisfy your cravings by swapping 25g of flour for cocoa powder in the cupcake mix and decorate with chocolate flakes, mmm.
- Preheat oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place soya milk and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice in a mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the flour, add the orange zest with the other cake ingredients and mix until well blended, light and fluffy, adding 1 tablespoon of the orange juice if needed.
- Divide the mixture between a cupcake tray lined with 12 paper cases and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the icing, beat together the Flora Dairy Free, icing sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice until well mixed.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a large star nozzle and when the cakes have completely cooled, decorate with swirls of orange icing and slices of ginger.
- 50 ml soya milk zest and juice of 1 orange
- 75 g Flora Dairy Free
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pieces stem ginger in syrup
- drained and finely chopped 75 g Flora Dairy Free
- 225 g icing sugar
- sliced stem ginger in syrup, optional, to decorate