Create a Board
Watercress Soup With Yoghurt
This watercress soup packs a peppery punch of flavour that makes it ideal for lunch with friends. And, because it uses vegetable stock cubes, it’s simple to make too. Cool yoghurt, mixed with curry powder and a dollop of sweet honey or maple syrup, makes an excellent addition that guests can add at the table.
- In a saucepan, add Flora and sweat the onion on a low heat for about 10 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add salt and pepper, tarragon, bay leaf, watercress and garlic.
- Add the hot vegetable stock, cover and cook for 2 minutes
- Liquidise the soup.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Serve in hot soup bowls, with a drizzle of low fat yogurt, mixed with traditional Madras curry powder, and a little maple syrup or honey (optional).
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives if desired.
- 15 g pack fresh tarragon, stalks removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 x 75 g bags watercress
- washed 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube made up with 900 ml boiling water
- 60 g (2 1/2fl oz) low fat natural yoghurt
- Sprinkle of taditional madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)