Whether you have a vegan friend staying over or have recently switched to a plant-based diet, you need not worry about what you are going to cook as there are some scrumptious vegan breakfast alternatives to a traditional full English breakfast!
Here we’ll share ideas on what to serve for breakfast as part of a vegan diet, including using products like Flora Light in case you’re looking for a lighter option with only 40 calories per serving (10g).
What do vegans eat for breakfast?
Just because someone is vegan or has chosen to move to a plant-based diet doesn’t mean that you have to compromise on tasty breakfast staples. There are a number of easy alternatives to the animal-based products that you might find in traditional breakfast recipes, including:
- Add fruit and veg to your recipes. Fruit is full of vitamins and minerals and a great addition to a healthy breakfast. It is also a great way to add colour and excitement to your meal.
- Tofu is a great alternative to eggs. Using tofu to make omelettes or even just adding it scrambled to a vegan fry-up is a great way to mix up a vegan breakfast.
- The vegan market is forever growing. These days it is super easy to shop at your local supermarket for vegan alternatives to breakfast staples like sausages.
Easy to create vegan breakfast ideas
If you’re looking for some easy, yet scrumptious plant-based or vegan breakfast ideas then we have you covered!
- A simple yet delicious vegan breakfast could include mouth-watering dishes like caramelised apple and cinnamon porridge which is warming, tasty and fibre-rich breakfast dish with just a hint of sweetness.
- Did you know you can use oats to create pancakes and waffles? This is a healthy, easy way to create some breakfast favourites while sticking to a plant-based or vegan diet.
- If you’re looking for the ideal vegan-friendly breakfast that is quick for if you’re on the go, why not bake up some coconutty flapjacks in advance? Simply keep them in a tin and grab one (or two!) as a quick, easy snack.
- Once you have finished your breakfast and are sitting down for a nice cup of tea or coffee, you could also enjoy some homemade vegan shortbread biscuits, perfect for sharing.
- Traditional bread is vegan (although some supermarket brands may not be, so always read the ingredients!) and with vegan-friendly spreads like Flora, you can always have glistening toast as an easy vegan breakfast.
Now you know how easy it is to create the perfect vegan breakfast, you can be sure to eat healthily, and provide delicious food for your vegan friends, too.