Did you know that some Flora spreads are really easy to make at home? It’s because our core recipe is actually very simple – it’s mainly plant oils. Why not have a go yourself and try our butter spread recipe?
If you’re interested in how to make spread to put on your toast from ingredients you know and love, this butter spread recipe will show you how it’s done. If you need a butter spread substitute, try delicious Flora Dairy Free.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Butter spread recipe:
- 20g solid vegetable fat e.g. coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) vegetable oil (We use sunflower, linseed and rapeseed oil)
- A bowl of ice
- 10ml milk
- 1 medium egg yolk (2 teaspoons)
- Pinch of salt
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Melt the solid vegetable fat in a saucepan.
- Add the vegetable oil to the pan and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set it over the bowl of ice.
- Whisk the oils until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the milk and egg yolk and continue whisking until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Add a little salt and lemon juice – now your homemade spread is ready to eat!
Keep your homemade spread fresh by popping it in the fridge and enjoying within a few days of making. Now you know how to make spread with fresh ingredients! However, you can also just pop a packet of Flora in your shopping trolley and have delicious spread ready for slathering on toast, pancakes, corn on the cob – whatever you fancy!