- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 1 1/2 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder (plus additional for rolling)
- 12 ounces good quality non dairy dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch coarse salt
- In small saucepan, heat coconut milk, maple syrup and Flora Plant Butter until just about to come to a boil.
- Remove 1/2 cup milk mixture and whisk in matcha powder until smooth. Stir matcha mixture back into coconut milk mixture.
- Add chocolate to saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Stir gently until smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Test mixture by inserting a knife into the center of the bowl. If it comes out mostly clean, it’s ready to scoop. If not, continue to refrigerate until firm.
- Place additional matcha powder in small bowl or dish. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll the chocolate into balls.
- Roll balls in matcha powder and shake off excess; Set on a parchment paper. Chill until ready to serve.