Street Corn Salsa
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 4 ears of corn on the cob *
- 4 tablespoons Flora™ Plant Butter Salted, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Violife Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
|Energy (kcal)||126 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||526 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||13.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||11.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.6 g|
|Fat (g)||7.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||1.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||3 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||71 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.18 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||711 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||17.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||53 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.63 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||214 mg|
- Remove corn kernels from ears of corn with sharp knife; set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat and melt 2 tablespoons Flora Plant Butter. Add corn kernels and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until corn and peppers begin to brown.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and cumin and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onion, Violife Parmesan, cilantro, lime juice and remaining Flora Plant Butter. Garnish with additional Parmesan, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno slices if desired. Serve warm with chips.
*If you can't find fresh corn on the cob, you can use 4 cups thawed, frozen corn.