Using a spread as an alternative to butter in both cooking and baking can not only elevate the taste but also make your meals and favourite treats healthier. If you’ve ever found yourself asking, “can you use Flora for baking?” then we have everything you need to know. Here we will share how you can use a butter substitute in your cooking as well as some great recipes for baking with Flora instead of butter.
Why should you use a butter substitute?
We are becoming increasingly aware of the effect our diet has on our health, and this extends to using products like butter. Butter is higher in fat content and can be less healthy than using margarine or other butter substitutes like Flora. Switching to a butter substitute is not only good for your health, however. It is also a more sustainable option, reducing the amount of energy and natural resources we use in its production.
Can you cook with Flora?
Just because you are switching from butter to a butter substitute doesn’t mean that you need to compromise on flavour or the ability to cook your favourite meals at home. Here are three delicious recipes you can create at home using Flora:
1. Chicken Korma: Who needs to order a takeaway when you can create your favourite dishes in the comfort of your own home? This chicken korma recipe gets its signature creamy flavour from Flora Buttery.
2. Vegetable Pizza: Wow your vegan friends with this simple yet delicious pizza recipe, which features Flora Dairy Free and dairy-free mozzarella.
3. Roast chicken with lemon and thyme: You can cook a fabulous Sunday roast with Flora. This recipe for succulent chicken seasoned with lemon and thyme is a classic and a sure-fire hit with the whole family. If you’re vegan or have vegan friends coming round, you can whip up this delicious nut roast using Flora Dairy Free.
Can you bake with Flora?
If you’ve ever wondered, “Can you use Flora light for baking?” the good news is: yes, you can! You will be pleased to know that you do not need to give up your favourite home-baked goodies just because you have made the switch from butter to a butter substitute. Here are three great recipes you can try using Flora:
1. Chocolate Orange and Polenta Cake: Chocolate will always be a winner, and this succulent cake is great with a cup of tea or coffee for elevenses.
2. Triple Chocolate Cookies: Get the children involved with this easy, family-friendly recipe for cookies that will light up your taste-buds. They are delicious and gluten and dairy-free, so everyone can enjoy them!
3. Carrot Cake: Who said vegetables are for meals and not desserts anyway? This dairy-free recipe has enough moisture for the cake to be enjoyed as it is or with its trademark creamy icing.
It is so easy to substitute margarine for butter, or use an alternative like Flora, and still make great tasting meals. Now you have all the tips and tricks you need as well as some great recipes for baking with Flora instead of butter, all you need to do is get in the kitchen and try out those tasty-looking treats!