Rosemary Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel **
- 1 cup Flora™ Plant Butter Unsalted *
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Energy (kcal)||78 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||325 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||7.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||6.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||1.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.2 g|
|Fat (g)||5.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||49 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.12 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||229 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||2 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.09 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||10 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Combine rosemary and orange peel. Divide mixture in half.
- Beat Flora Plant Butter in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, one half of the rosemary orange mixture and vanilla until pale and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, about 2 minutes. Beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended and dough sticks together when pinched with fingers.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with lightly floured hands and arrange on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Gently flatten each ball with bottom of lightly floured flat glass to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle tops of cookies lightly with reserved rosemary orange mixture.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until firm and golden on bottoms. Cookies should be pale on top. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
*Omit salt if using salted butter **Use 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh orange zest instead of 1 tablespoon dried orange peel